The following method is one of the simple method to create a HTML webpage without any knowledge of HTML. Almost every one who uses computer is familiar with email and ms office word. Also most people are good at creating word documents. But to create a html webpage we need to know the html language or a good wyswyg html editor. Learning html takes time and to write code for simple html page you need a lot of patience. A good wyswyg html editor software comes at a price.Also there are not many wyswyg editors available freely on the net.
One way to convert a Word document to HTML is to send it to a Gmail account as an attachment. With this method, you can maintain your file format as .doc. (I’ve not tried this tip with Word 2007 .docx file format.)
To have Gmail convert a Word doc to HTML,
1. Open your favorite email program
2. Attach your Word document (the .doc file format) to the email.
3. Send the email to your Gmail account.
4. Open the Gmail item with the attachment.
5. Click the link at the bottom that says “View as HTML”. The document will open in your browser.
6. Right-click in your web browser and select “View Page Source” or “View Source”
7. Copy and paste the contents into a HTML editor or Notepad. Don’t paste it back into Microsoft Word.
8. Scroll toward the top of your file and look for the code Google adds to download your file. You should remove this link.
<div style="background:#ffffcc;padding:4 8;border-bottom:thin solid #eeeeee;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><a href="/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=attd&view=att&th=1192fa6dbxxxxxxx">Download the original attachment</a></div></div><div style="margin:1ex">
9. Make any changes in your editor.
10. Save your file with the .htm or .html extension.